When you're looking for something healthy in a hurry, you can't beat this veggie-filled frittata cooked in a cast-iron skillet. —Janet Eckhoff, Woodland, California
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until the vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, lightly brown potatoes in remaining oil. Add vegetable mixture and zucchini; simmer for 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set on top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Frittata in Country Woman March/April 1995, p35
Reviews forVegetable Frittata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2014
"Will make again but I would add cheese or tomatoes or spices. Kind of bland."
Reviewed May. 11, 2014
Reviewed May. 11, 2010
"cannot make print copy"