When you're looking for something healthy in a hurry, you can't beat this veggie-filled frittata cooked in a cast-iron skillet. —Janet Eckhoff, Woodland, California
Featured In: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until the vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, lightly brown potatoes in remaining oil. Add vegetable mixture and zucchini; simmer for 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set on top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Frittata in Country Woman March/April 1995, p35
Reviews for Vegetable Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2014
"Will make again but I would add cheese or tomatoes or spices. Kind of bland."
Reviewed May. 11, 2014
Reviewed May. 11, 2010
"cannot make print copy"