Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add ginger and garlic; saute 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender. Add the teriyaki sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add rice and mixed vegetables; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 169 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Vegetable Fried Rice
"Flavorful and so simple to prepare."