Vegetable Focaccia Recipe
"This popular recipe began as herb focaccia but gradually came to include our favorite vegetables," writes Michele Fairchok of Throop, Pennsylvania. "There's no cheese because my husband can't have dairy products. But some people who try it think it has cheese anyway!"
- 2 to 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 5 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, olives, onion, oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Coat a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough into pan. Prick dough generously with a fork.
- Bake at 475° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover with vegetable mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until edges of crust are golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Focaccia in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p18
Reviews for Vegetable Focaccia(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Bread Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >