Vegetable Fish Dinner Recipe
- 2 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 3 cups frozen Italian vegetables, thawed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place fish fillets in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with chives and thyme. Top with lime and vegetables. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 1-1/2 cups vegetables equals 247 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Fish Dinner
"I did not care for the lime and chives combination. I baked the fillets instead of microwaving them, and they were moist and tender."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.