Vegetable Dumpling Soup Recipe
“As a busy working mother, I love this recipe. I can use common pantry items to put a hearty, healthful dinner on the table for my family to enjoy. It takes only melon or fruit salad to round out this meal!” Graciela Sandvigen - Rochester, NY
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, vegetable blend, beans and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook orzo according to package directions; drain.
- 2. For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the baking mix, cornmeal, oregano and basil. Stir in milk just until moistened; set aside.
- 3. Stir orzo into soup. Drop dumpling batter by tablespoonfuls into simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Vegetable Dumpling Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC