Vegetable Curried Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in oil until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender. Stir in the broth, curry powder, salt and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- 2. Stir in corn and peas. Cover and simmer 3-6 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 184 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 reduced-fat milk, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Curried Rice
"Very good, but I really like curry so I ended up adding one teaspoon + curry powder. I will definately make this again and will also double the reciepe to maybe have leftovers."
"This is a great recipe that goes with a variety of meats, and one I make often. I usually double the recipe and often skip the almonds. Thanks!"
"This wasn't anything special."