“I’ve served this rice recipe to family and guests often and always receive high praise,” writes Frances Easton from Warrenton, Virginia. With its mild curry flavor, this colorful side could complement a variety of main dishes. FRANCES’ TIP: “This is an easy recipe to double for family get-togethers or potlucks.”
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in oil until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender. Stir in the broth, curry powder, salt and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Stir in corn and peas. Cover and simmer 3-6 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Curried Rice in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p10
Reviews for Vegetable Curried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review