Vegetable Crab Soup Recipe
- 1 can (19 ounces) chunky New England clam chowder
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the chowder, soup, 2-1/2 cups cream, wine and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in vegetables; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the crab, tomato, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, adding remaining cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 314 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.