Our test kitchen home economists developed the recipe for this colorful side dish. Sauteed vegetables add texture and crunch to the quick-cooking couscous.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and
- remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small skillet, saute the carrot and onion in butter for 3-4
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and green onion; saute
- 2-3 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fluff couscous with a fork; add vegetable mixture and toss to
- combine. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 249 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.