Vegetable Couscous Recipe
Looking for a different way to serve vegetables? These tiny pasta granules act like a magnet, pulling together the flavors of the chicken broth and vitamin-rich veggies. Carrots, celery, peppers and zucchini add fresh crunch and bright color.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, celery, onion and peppers in oil for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the next five ingredients.
- Stir in couscous. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-8 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Couscous in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p44
Reviews for Vegetable Couscous(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review