Vegetable Christmas Tree Recipe
This veggie-decked Christmas tree is a real conversation starter and looks beautiful on a buffet table.—Carolyn Black, Port Ludlow, Washington
- 5 round cake dummies in graduated sizes
- 1 Styrofoam cone
- Tacky glue
- Green food coloring
- Veggie trims: radishes, carrots, peppers, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, baby corn, black olives and clementines
- GARLAND AND DECORATIONS:
- Daikon radishes
- Green, sweet red and yellow pepper rings
- 1. Stack cake dummies (found in cake decorating stores or at www.cookscakeandcandy.com—search “Styrofoam dummy rounds”). Cut Styrofoam cone to about 4 in. high; glue on top of small cake dummy. Glue remaining cake dummies together. Wrap the form in cheesecloth dyed with food coloring.
- 2. Attach kale leaves with toothpicks. Add veggie trims.
- 3. For daikon radish garland, use a vegetable peeler to create long, thin ribbons from radishes. Drape around the tree, going under some trims and over others, and tucking in the ends to hide.
- 4. For ornaments, cut turnips into 1/4-in.-thick rounds. Use cookie cutters to make ornaments; attach with toothpicks.
- 5. Make a tree topper of interlinked pepper rings.
Reviews for Vegetable Christmas Tree
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC