Vegetable Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place the chicken, celery, green beans, carrots and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes, tapioca, sugar, salt if desired and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- 3. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetable mixture thickens. Stir vegetables occasionally during baking. Yield: 4 servings.
14 ounce-weight: 242 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable.
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.