Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and ginger in hot oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in the remaining oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add snow peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until heated through. Top with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 256 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.