- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and ginger in hot oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in the remaining oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add snow peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until heated through. Top with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"Very tasty! I maybe added more ginger than the recipe called for and added a dash of rice wine."
"I thought this was flavorless. I used everything the recipe called for except I used full sodium soy sauce and added salt. It still was disappointingly bland. I threw the rest in the trash. Not sure why it received so many good reviews. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who likes flavor."
"Used the veggies that came in my weekly CSA - broccoli, bok choy, carrots..added fresh ginger and water chestnuts. Family raved about it."
"This was delicious! The only changes I made were to omit the cauliflower and add extra broccoli, red bell peppers and celery. I also added extra sesame seeds and substituted Braggs Amino Acids for the soy sauce. We will be having this again!"