Vegetable Chicken Soup Recipe
"I need to eat low-fat and my husband loves a good hearty soup, so this recipe fills the bill for both of us," reports Betty Kline of Panorama Village, Texas. "My friends have raved over this soup, and all our grandchildren gobble up their vegetables this way."
- 3 quarts water
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large soup kettle, combine the water, carrots, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, bouillon, picante sauce and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until broccoli and cauliflower are tender.
- 3. Add chicken and noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 133 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 935mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC