- 3 quarts water
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large soup kettle, combine the water, carrots, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, bouillon, picante sauce and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until broccoli and cauliflower are tender.
- Add chicken and noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Vegetable Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p47
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review