This delicious dish is a longtime favorite that's just right for two.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer into two greased 12-oz. baking dishes. For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, buttermilk, butter and pepper (batter will be thin). Spoon evenly over each dish; spread to cover top. Spritz each casserole with butter-flavored spray; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and top is firm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Chicken Pie in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p166
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review