Vegetable Chicken Kabobs
This colorful kabob recipe from Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania makes just enough for two. “It's a delicious and easy way to serve the vegetables from our garden,” says Elaine.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread chicken, tomatoes and green pepper. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 285 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable.