Vegetable Chicken Casserole Recipe
In Goshen, Indiana, Bonnie Smith assembles this comforting one-dish meal that's economically priced at 98 cents per serving. "To save time, you can substitute a package of frozen vegetables," Bonnie suggests.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place chicken in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with the carrots, potatoes and celery. Combine the soup, water, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-75 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC