Vegetable Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in broth and vegetables. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cheddar cheese and cheese sauce; cook until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 324 calories, 23g fat (16g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Cheese Soup
"This is so good, my 10 year old granddaughter is always asking me to make it~"
"I loved this soup. It has a nice, rich cheesy taste."
"I loved this I left out the onions because my husband won't eat them and added chicken. We loved it!"
"This is really good, even tho I changed it a bit. Mine was very cheesy tasting. I used an 8oz block of sharp cheddar cheese in place of the cheese and sauce. I used 1/4 cup cornstarch in place of the flour to make it gluten-free. Next time I'll use less, maybe 2 to 3 Tbsp. I would recommend a non-stick pan. I had to stir continuously to prevent it from burning on the bottom while trying to bring it to a boil. I think this would be really good with all broccoli, as well."
"Nom nom this soup is always does well at our dinner table and it's a breeze!"