"This recipe originally came from my pastor's wife," explains Michelle Isenhoff of Wayland, Michigan. "I've made a few changes for convenience's sake, and now it's a snap to whip up. It tastes even better the next day."
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in broth and vegetables. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cheddar cheese and cheese sauce; cook until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Cheese Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p57
Reviews for Vegetable Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review