Vegetable Cheese Bake
You can't go wrong with creamed veggies in a cheese sauce. What a delight!
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Drain. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually
- whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until cheese
- is melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and vegetables are
- tender. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 367 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium,