You can't go wrong with creamed veggies in a cheese sauce. What a delight!
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until cheese is melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Cheese Bake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p245
Reviews for Vegetable Cheese Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
"This is my favorite vegetable dish-so easy to make and everyone love the cheezy taste"