You can't go wrong with creamed veggies in a cheese sauce. What a delight!
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until cheese is melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Cheese Bake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p245
Reviews for Vegetable Cheese Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013
"This is my favorite vegetable dish-so easy to make and everyone love the cheezy taste"