While vacationing in France, I learned the importance of serving foods that look as good as they taste. This simple side dish is colorful and has guests for seconds.Sarah Burks, Wathena, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spoon into a
- greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter
- until crumbly; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 523 calories, 46 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 539 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.