This blended soup is loaded with vegetables, so it's delicious as well as good for you. Plus, its special golden color adds a special touch to your table. —Bertha McClung, Summersville, West Virginia
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium-low heat, saute carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, garlic and sugar in oil for 5 minutes. Add broth, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to the kettle and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Carrot soup in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p92
Reviews for Vegetable Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2012
"Love it!, the texture is great and the flavor is wonderful. I will definitely make this again"