This blended soup is loaded with vegetables, so it's delicious as well as good for you. Plus, its special golden color adds a special touch to your table.
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium-low heat, saute carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, garlic and sugar in oil for 5 minutes. Add broth, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to the kettle and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Carrot soup in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p92
Reviews for Vegetable Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2012
"Love it!, the texture is great and the flavor is wonderful. I will definitely make this again"