A simple combination of fresh vegetables makes an irresistible "bobber" garnish, especially when placed of a bed of herb "seaweed". You could also use celery in place of carrots, radishes rather than tomatoes, and zucchini or yellow squash instead of cucumber. Let your imagination—and the bounty of your backyard garden—be your guide.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 cucumber slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 8 carrot sticks (4 inches x 1/4 inch)
- Fresh dill or tarragon sprigs, optional
- With a sharp knife, pierce a small hole in the center of tomatoes and
- cucumbers. Thread two tomato halves and one cucumber slice onto each
- carrot, forming bobbers (see the photo). Place bobbers alongside
- fish; add dill or tarragon sprigs for seaweed if desired. Yield: 8