A simple combination of fresh vegetables makes an irresistible "bobber" garnish, especially when placed of a bed of herb "seaweed". You could also use celery in place of carrots, radishes rather than tomatoes, and zucchini or yellow squash instead of cucumber. Let your imagination—and the bounty of your backyard garden—be your guide.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 cucumber slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 8 carrot sticks (4 inches x 1/4 inch)
- Fresh dill or tarragon sprigs, optional
- With a sharp knife, pierce a small hole in the center of tomatoes and cucumbers. Thread two tomato halves and one cucumber slice onto each carrot, forming bobbers (see the photo). Place bobbers alongside fish; add dill or tarragon sprigs for seaweed if desired. Yield: 8 bobbers.
Originally published as Vegetable Bobbers in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p38
Reviews for Vegetable Bobbers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review