Vegetable Bites Recipe
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1. Unroll crescent dough onto a baking sheet forming a 14-in. x 3-1/2-in. rectangle; seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with vegetables; gently press down. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 191 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.