You save time by using a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls as the crust for these snacks. It's also easy to double the recipe for larger groups.—Corey Henderson, Calgary, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- Unroll crescent dough onto a baking sheet forming a 14-in. x
- 3-1/2-in. rectangle; seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 7-9
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing
- mix until blended. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with
- vegetables; gently press down. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill until
- serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 191 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.