Vegetable Beef Tostadas Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream or ranch salad dressing
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the onion, zucchini, mushrooms, celery, green pepper and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, in another skillet, fry tortillas in oil; drain on paper towels. Place the tortillas on a greased baking sheet. Spoon meat mixture onto the center of each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 30-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato, sour cream and hot pepper sauce. Yield: 4 tostadas.
Helpful Hint: Unless the label states otherwise, store hot pepper sauce at room temperature for up to 1 year. Although the color may change over time, it'll still pack a punch.
1 each: 450 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.