Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
Tasty vegetable chunks add color to this satisfying stew from Bobbie Jo Yokley of Franklin, Kentucky. "I serve it with warm corn bread and a tossed salad for a delicious meal in no time," she informs. Each hearty bowl coasts only 95¢.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef rump roast or bottom round roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef on all sides in oil; drain. Add 4 cups water, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 309 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 880 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC