Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef rump roast or bottom round roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef on all sides in oil; drain. Add 4 cups water, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p35
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2012
"My family was not impressed."
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2011
"I tend to use extra bouillon but have made this many times. It has now become our "go-to" stew."