Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
Tasty vegetable chunks add color to this satisfying stew from Bobbie Jo Yokley of Franklin, Kentucky. "I serve it with warm corn bread and a tossed salad for a delicious meal in no time," she informs. Each hearty bowl coasts only 95¢.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef rump roast or bottom round roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef on all sides in oil; drain. Add 4 cups water, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p35
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Stew(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >