Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef rump roast or bottom round roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef on all sides in oil; drain. Add 4 cups water, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p35
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2012
My family was not impressed.
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2011
I tend to use extra bouillon but have made this many times. It has now become our "go-to" stew.