Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
"When we come in from playing in the snow, I serve this hearty soup," says Nancy Soderstrom of Roseville, Minnesota.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Place roast in a large Dutch oven. Add the water, barley, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat; cool. Cut into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from broth. Add beef and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 18-20 servings (6 quarts).
1 serving (1.200 cups) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC