- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the vegetables, soup, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Skillet
Sort By :
"I made the recipe as is except I used Fiesta Nacho Soup. It was great and for my family of 5, three sons, there were very few left-overs. We loved it and the boys even ate the veggies!"
"just use any soup - its a good recipe for leftovers"
"As for the nacho cheese soup, I used Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup. For the rice, I think you can add regular rice. Just cook it first, then add it at the end. You probably want to either drain the tomatoes or use only some of the liquid if you do that.This was pretty simple to prepare and tasty. I used a carrot, green bean, and pea mix instead of the broccoli/cauliflower blend. Unfortunately, my husband does not like too much going on in a dish. Next time, I will use only half of the veggies. Be forewarned, this makes A LOT of food!"
"I could not find the nacho cheese soup does anyone have any ideas on a replacement for this ingredent"
"I do not use instant (processed) rice. Can long grain rice be used instead?"