With only 15 minutes of prep time, this one-pan wonder is a tasty lifesaver. Clean up is a breeze, so you'll be on your way to savoring the weekend in no time! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed and chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the vegetables, soup, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Skillet in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p12
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review