Vegetable Beef Pie
Like most country folks, I have busy days, so I depend on easy recipes that also taste great. This simple meat pie originally called for homemade crust, but I use purchased pastry to save time. - Valorie Hall Walker, Bradley, South Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with
- edge. In a large bowl, combine beef, vegetables, soup and pepper.
- Spoon into crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling;
- trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for
- 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Prepare two Vegetable Beef Pies. Bake and enjoy one now and freeze the other unbaked pie for later. When ready to use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.