Vegetable Beef Pie Recipe
Like most country folks, I have busy days, so I depend on easy recipes that also taste great. This simple meat pie originally called for homemade crust, but I use purchased pastry to save time. - Valorie Hall Walker, Bradley, South Carolina
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. In a large bowl, combine beef, vegetables, soup and pepper. Spoon into crust.
- 2. Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC