Like most country folks, I have busy days, so I depend on easy recipes that also taste great. This simple meat pie originally called for homemade crust, but I use purchased pastry to save time. - Valorie Hall Walker, Bradley, South Carolina
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. In a large bowl, combine beef, vegetables, soup and pepper. Spoon into crust.
Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pie. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Place pie on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time to 5-10 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book , p285
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2011 Edited Nov. 7, 2013