Vegetable Beef Kabobs Recipe
This is a main dish that makes good use of our delicious Kansas beef. I like to grill outdoors, so this dish is especially popular in our home. —Mynie Lou Griffith, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 2/3 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 18 small whole onions
- 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1. Cut beef in 1-1/4-in. cubes; place in large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic and tarragon; pour 2/3 cup marinade over beef. Seal bag; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread the meat, onions, zucchini and peppers alternately on six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Grill over medium-hot heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC