Vegetable Beef Casserole Recipe
This easy one-dish recipe has been a family favorite ever since it was handed down to me 35 years ago from my husband's aunt. Add whatever vegetables you have on hand. A simple salad goes nicely with this dish.
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups cut fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. casserole, layer half of the potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans and onion. Crumble half of the uncooked beef over vegetables. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each of thyme, salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
- 2. Top with tomatoes. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake about 1 hour longer or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC