Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, pasta, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Add yellow pepper and zucchini; cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 498 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1,021 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.