Meaty and chock-full of veggies, this one-pot wonder is loaded with fill-you-up flavor in every bite. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, pasta, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add yellow pepper and zucchini; cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p12
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review