- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, pasta, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add yellow pepper and zucchini; cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet(7)
Sort By :
This is one of my family's favorite late summer meals when I have garden product! I add yellow squash to this too and use the mini bowtie pastas. Even my kids love this!
added some minced garlic to beef & onion! delicious! will leave out salt though next time or use reduced sodium broth.
Substituted asparagus and sugar snap peas for the zucchini & yellow pepper. The kids loved it!
My family loved this meal! It was a little more juicy like soup than a skillet but still awesome, full of flavor.
Good way to sneak in some garden vegtables and the boys don't even know it
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >