Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup Recipe
Winter weather calls for steaming bowls of this hearty soup. Chuck roast leftovers add extra homemade flavor. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 584 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,224 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 51 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC