Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup Recipe
- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 584 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1224mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 51g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup
"Very filling and delicious. Increased the barley to 1/2 cup and my husband still wanted more in the soup. Will try it with 1 full cup next time."
"We loved the soup! I left out the barley and just put in potatoes, carrots and peas. Was yummy! I would make the roast again for the sole purpose of making this soup."