Winter weather calls for steaming bowls of this hearty soup. Chuck roast leftovers add extra homemade flavor. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p20
Reviews for Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review