- Reserved leftovers from Carmelized Onion Chuck Roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup
Sort By :
Very filling and delicious. Increased the barley to 1/2 cup and my husband still wanted more in the soup. Will try it with 1 full cup next time.
We loved the soup! I left out the barley and just put in potatoes, carrots and peas. Was yummy! I would make the roast again for the sole purpose of making this soup.