Vegetable Bean Soup Recipe
This soup is packed with nutritious vegetable and beans and has a unique robust flavor. It's no wonder this is a family favorite.—Laura Letobar, Livonia, Michigan
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, carrots and celery over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the water, bouillon, tomatoes, beans, barley, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 113 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Vegetable Bean Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC