Vegetable Bean Soup Recipe
This soup is packed with nutritious vegetable and beans and has a unique robust flavor. It's no wonder this is a family favorite.—Laura Letobar, Livonia, Michigan
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, carrots and celery over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the water, bouillon, tomatoes, beans, barley, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 14 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 113 calories, 442 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 23 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 1 gm fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Bean Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC