- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 4-qt. kettle or Dutch oven, saute zucchini, green pepper, onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, picante sauce, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and olives; heat through. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Vegetable Bean Chili
"This chili recipe is delicious, I changed the recipe slightly...I added a red pepper other than just the green pepper. And I used chili powder along with chipotle chili powder...I didn't have any celery on hand, however I thought it could use some salt, So I added some celery salt.....And, the green olives absolutley adds some flavor...."