- 1-1/2 quarts beef broth
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup medium pearl barley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except the cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours. Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Vegetable Barley Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p41
Reviews for Vegetable Barley Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2009
"This recipe had good flavor. I changed it a little. I had leftover veggies from another meal. Family liked it even the kids"