Even finicky eaters may change their minds about vegetables when they taste this rich cheesy casserole from Violet Klause of Onoway, Alberta. "It couldn't be easier to whip up," she says. "And it's so creamy and comforting that my grandchildren would never guess how nutritious it is."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups soft rye bread crumbs (about 3 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter;
- sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.