Vegetable Bacon Frittata Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Remove bacon to paper towel.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the hash browns, broccoli, green pepper, onion and rosemary; cover and cook over low heat until hash browns are golden brown and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper; pour over hash browns. Top with bacon and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 169 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Vegetable Bacon Frittata
"I used turkey bacon in this, but it didn't add enough meatiness. I wish I'd had mushrooms. However, this was easy and tasty and great when you're in a pinch and don't have any beef or chicken in the fridge!"
"I have made this again and again...at this last time I had some ground beef that I needed to use and instead of broccoli I used Spinach ...but dont forget the Bacon ..it gives it some taste"
"This is delicious. However, I added more bacon, omitted broccoli, added peas, cherry tomatoes, and a few sliced mushrooms. I made the hash brown/veg mixture & bacon the night before and refrigerated overnight. In the morning I added the egg mixture and baked for 25 - 30 minutes. I have a Bed & breakfast and this is a great recipe for those who cannot have milk products."