Vegetable Appetizer Pizza Recipe
- 4 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Unroll two tubes of crescent dough and press into each of two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; seal seams and perforations.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and dill until smooth. Spread over crusts. Sprinkle with vegetables, olives and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 piece (calculated with reduced-fat crescent rolls and fat-free cream cheese and mayonnaise) equals 93 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.