Vegetable and Turkey Potpie Recipe
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- In a large saucepan, bring the carrots, onion, celery and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the turkey, soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, eggs, 3/4 cup cheese, green pepper and pimientos; stir into the flour mixture until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the hot turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable and Turkey Potpie(5)
Sort By :
I substituted some low-fat options for sour cream and soups and this turned out great. Will definitely make it again.
This was great. To bad there were so many calories, fats, and carbs. It just may have been worth all that though. It was really yummy.
I used chicken and it was delicious. The crust is what really makes the dish. My husband really liked this and said it was definitely a keeper!
Really flavorful and easy to make!
We loved this recipe! Good way to use leftover turkey, and it tastes great.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Turkey Casserole >
- Turkey Casserole Recipes >
- Turkey Dinner Recipes >